Sunday, January 24, 2010

Preview of 2nd project.

Now that I've completed my first project, including the pull, it's time to move on to bigger and better things, namely veneers.  I definitely had it in my mind when I go here that at some point I wanted to do a table and learn about the construction and joinery involved.  Solid wood table joinery is different than if you are using veneers.   Since mine will be a veneer construction,this means is that it will be doweled together instead of using mortise and tenon joinery as most table are built with.  The benefit of veneer construction is that although technically, you're still working with solid wood, we engineer it in layers so that it is stable, not subject to wood movement like a regular piece of wood.  I'll talk more about this process once I have some photos to share and explain.

This is a preview/ sketch of the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments so thank you for leaving one.