Sunday, November 6, 2011

Beginnings of joinery

I've begun the mortise and tenon joinery for the aprons into the legs. Each joint is going to be made up of a combination live tenon and two floating tenons. This will make for a very strong joint but also allows me to use techniques that I've not used in quite a while. The live tenons will be a good review while the loose will actually be done using a festool domino. Below are the mortises for the big live tenons. These were done on the minimax mortiser table.






Setup for these was dead simple and the repetition allows for very accurate and quick results.

Next up, cutting live tenons! Sweet!

2 comments:

  1. what's up with the six legged table?
    good going on getting a jointer/planer/mortiser. how wide?
    jb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I understand...don't all tables have six legs?

    It's 12" wide. I got it last summer from a guy that had closed up shop. It's not quite in the same league as Stenner's 14" beast but it's still pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments so thank you for leaving one.